The Return of Dwyane Wade

***

OAKLAND – The biggest problem Tuesday night was the opponent, the way the Warriors came back from a 17-point deficit in the final minute of the third quarter to earn a tie at the end of regulation and eventually a 111-106 win at Oracle Arena.

That was the worst of it for Dwyane Wade. While that was bad enough – a second Heat loss in 10 tries, a blown lead, the 22 turnovers – he reported no problems with the left foot other than playing a little longer than expected in a return to action after missing three games with a bruised left foot.

“Just some discomfort, but no pain,” Wade said after playing 32 minutes in regulation and then, when it once didn’t seem necessary, five more in overtime. “I felt OK. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll feel good and I can get another game under my belt. I’m trying to get back into the swing of things, trying to get back into my rhythm, the way that I like to be in my rhythm.”

Wade scored 20 points in 14 minutes in the first half and finished with a game-high 34, along with six rebounds and four steals, in hoping to find the fine line between hurrying back with a shortened schedule but not risking aggravating the injury by rushing back.

“That’s why I took three games off,” he said. “I just had to be cautious. I probably would have played through it if was another time. I understand that this year is different. Our bodies are going to go through a lot and there’s not a lot of time to recover. I tried to be smart and I felt I was good enough to go today. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll feel just as good and get out there and help my team win.”

Tomorrow being Wednesday and the second game of the back-to-back, against the Clippers in Los Angeles, with Wade hoping to play but waiting to see how the foot reacts overnight before saying for sure he will play.

“We’ll have to see how he feels,” Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said.

1. King James says:

The HEAT loss in L.A Clippers again and it happens in “Over Time” again…. I think the HEAT have a problem when it comes to OVER TIME their three loss all happens in Over Time.. I’m really disappoint for the HEAT now…

2. Law064 says:

2nd championship?? Well once again Lebron was a NON factor down the stretch and the heat let the game slip away. Good to see D. Wade back out there but sorry heat fans if you depend on Lebron down the stretch you can kiss a win goodbye. Great game from the Warriors not giving up and fighting to the end.

• Orin says:

I have to rewatch the game but I think Wade was the go to player this time around. He was taking most of the shots and free throws in the end, they just weren’t going in. Ah well, it’s a good problem to have sometimes because Wade is the “go to guy” in the end while Lebron is the all around player. It didn’t work on the defensive end last night but usually it does and the Heat will win more games.

3. ao1 says:

Injury will eventually slow down D-Wade’s career…. Too bad.

4. King James says:

yeah right tough loss but i don’t understand why the heat loss to warriors even though Wade and James had a great game.. i think the unexpected performance by Nate and Wright is the reason why their loss.. Warriors didn’t use “zone defense” but still Warriors got the win.. Now we know Warriors is a tough team this season but still MIAMI will win their 2nd champioship this season no matter what happens ..

5. prix is back says:

tough loss by the heat…but the return of a good performance of Wade what matters…i´m sure they will come back and put their revenge on L.A…too bad for L.A, it would be a blow out…