Happy anniversary Knicks, Rockets, O.J.

HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS – Where were you on the night Patrick Ewing rolled to 25 points and 12 rebounds, Derek Harper handed out seven assists and the Knicks beat the Rockets 91-84?

Let me help.

Where were you on the night of O.J. Simpson chase in the White Bronco?

It was 17 years ago tonight when the Rockets and Knicks Game 5 of The NBA Finals was shrunk to fit into a lower corner of our TV screens as O.J. and his buddy Al Cowlings took the L.A.P.D. on the most famous police chase in American history.

June 17, 1994 was a Friday, just like this year. I was sitting in the front row courtside at Madison Square Garden, trying to keep one eye on the Ewing, Hakeem Olajwon, John Starks, Sam Cassell and the game in front of me and the other on one of the most bizarre scenes ever played out on live television.

Where were you?

1. T.J. says:

I was 14 yrs old… 4 days away from my 15th birthday in my bedroom in Houston, TX. I was bummed about the game not ending in a W, but it was reallly overshadowed by the talk of that crazy long highway chase. Al was driving like O.J. runs… lol

2. Gaspari says:

I think I was in home, studying for an exam

3. JayWo says:

I was at the Ballpark in Arlington watching the Rangers take on the A’s. When news of the chase came out most everyone turned away from the game and were watching the monitors in the luxury boxes.

4. Andrea says:

I was 9 year-old back then and I was still one year away from discovering basketball and becoming a huge NBA fan. I probably was wasting my time watching cartoons or something.

5. Augusto Tomszay says:

In my mom’s belly (y)

6. Zar The Knicks Fan says:

at that time i was in my native land back in Asia. not a lot of people have satellite or Live TV so all the NBA fans gather to see game at whoever have the live feed. So a lot of ppl in my area gather in a coffee shop and watch the game in really early morning. my gf and her family came to see the game also. when the game start my gf told me why don’t we sneak out and fool around when everyone is paying attention at the game. i was 16 i had to choose between Ewing or my gf. I will be honest, i choose my gf over Ewing. I am serious knkcks fan and i am a shame of what i did. I choose a girl over one of most important games of my team. I abandoned my team. i am a shame of it. i am a bad fan :(
    oh!! shoot! got to go she’s coming back home. see you all, don’t tell her about what i said :D

• BlazersFanMike says:

Dude, you chose poonany over basketball. It’s a choice that every man has to make, and I think you made the right choice :P