HANG TIME NEW JERSEY — For the second straight year, Chris Bosh‘s season could be over two months early.
Bosh is once again dealing with a blood clot issue, the same thing that ended his season after the All-Star break last year. He has missed the Miami Heat’s first three post-break games and could be done for the year.
Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports that Bosh will meet with the Heat on Wednesday to determine how to approach the next two months…
Miami Heat All-Star forward Chris Bosh is under increasing pressure from physicians and the organization to sit out the rest of the season because of the potential dangers of a recurring medical condition, league sources told The Vertical.
After a blood clot in his calf moved to his lungs in 2015, Bosh missed the final 30 games of the season. He took blood thinners for several months following the 2015 clotting.
Bosh has a meeting planned with Heat officials, including owner Mickey Arison and president Pat Riley, in the next 24 hours to move closer to a final determination on his status, league sources said.
The Heat are 3-0 since the break, winning two of the games without Bosh or Dwyane Wade. That has pushed them to third place in the Eastern Conference, with a relatively easy schedule down the stretch. After hosting the Golden State Warriors and visiting the Boston Celtics this week, they’ll play 15 of their final 24 games against teams currently below .500.
Bosh has been an improved shooter this season, especially at the basket. He’s also registered the highest assist ratio and lowest turnover ratio of his career.