Ailing Howard to miss unbeaten battle

HOUSTON — Another night, another anticipated showdown between Western Conference heavyweights goes up in smoke.

Rockets center Dwight Howard will sit out Saturday’s game between the 6-0 Rockets and 4-0 Warriors suffering from flu-like symptoms.
 Howard is coming off a rousing 32-point, 16-rebound, two blocked shot performance Thursday night against the Spurs.

However, that meeting between the unbeaten Rockets and the defending champs lost some of its shine when Spurs coach Gregg Popovich decided to rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili.

The Rockets were already going to play without starting point guard Pat Beverley (left hamstring) and power forward Terrence Jones (right leg contusion).

Rookie Tarik Black will start for the Rockets at center and rookie Kostas Papanikolaou will open in Jones’ spot.

1. Alx says:

Rockets need Rondo.

2. Indiana'sownLarryBird says:

The Rockets are not as talented as people think, Howard out, you see Harden is a one on one isolation player. this team will be a out in the first round of the playoffs.

3. celentano says:

How long will Coward & the beard mesh this season with the rest from the
    Rockets?D’ont forget Harden is just a younger Ballhog than Kobe,the difference is the rings!Rings means something and that only the Beard has to prove during his career. The Rockets are a nice regular season team,with the play-offs are a different beast to deal with! Hack a Dwight remenber that & Dwama is no Shaq too!
    Will Haredn fix that kind of problem?I doubt it strongly he hast to prove it yet.
    Rings talks ask Shaq about that!

4. SHAKING MY HEAD says:

James Harden had to shoot the rock 24 times just to get 24 points. Sad and selfish. Field goal percentage is just as important as points. Share the ball.

5. verysadokcfan says:

WInning streak shall break tonight. No Howard, No nothing.

6. Barb Petties says:

My family is praying for Dwight’s speedy recovery. I am a Houston Rockets fan since they came to Houston. I scream & coach
    so my family won’t watch in the same room with me. I’ve never been to a live game, but would love to. I have past championship shirts. This is my birthday month and I am thinking of rewarding myself with a ticket. I need to check the home schedule for the
    date. All players are in our prayers. Love you guys, Barb

7. johnny gomez says:

No Howard no problem….!

8. white knight says:

Well its a blow out for golden state.its a picnic in the park .go warriors .NBA finalist 2015.