It’s not all good news for the Bulls surrounding Rose

VIDEO: Derrick Rose talks to reporters after USA Basketball practice

From NBA.com staff reports

Well, all those good warm and fuzzy feelings surrounding Derrick Rose lasted all of, what, four days? After nearly a week full of folks focusing on how good the 2011 NBA MVP looked back on the court, now the news regarding the Bulls’ star has taken a negative turn.

The Chicago Sun-Times, reporting from Team USA camp in Las Vegas, posted a story Thursday centered on some interesting comments attributed to Rose. Here is the most notable chunk of the interview:

“I know it’s been there,’’ Rose told the Sun-Times, acknowledging there has been growing tension between the organization and his camp. “I heard there were some upset people.

“I’m happy I didn’t personally see it. I don’t want to see that. I kind of wonder where it was coming from because it seemed like whenever I was around, everything was all right. It bothered me because when I wasn’t around, I would hear from certain people that everything wasn’t all right.’’

So notable were the comments and the story that Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf made a move to address them in a team press release. Here is Reinsdorf’s statement in its entirety:

“I am confounded by the irresponsible report in the Chicago Sun-Times suggesting there is anything approaching discord or confusion between the Bulls executive office, coaching staff, and Derrick Rose or any other Bulls player. To the contrary, I can remember no time when the organization has been any more focused, optimistic, and cohesive. I’ve got to assume suggestions otherwise are intended to undermine the goals and objectives, spirit, and reputation of the Chicago Bulls. I am deeply disappointed that unnamed sources and totally inaccurate statements and assumptions can be used to foment nonexistent friction. The report is totally without basis or fact. It is pure malicious fiction.”

It seems like Friday’s USA Basketball showcase (9 p.m. ET, ESPN) couldn’t come at a better time for Rose and the Bulls, who will probably cherish the chance to talk about what happens on the court again. At least for one day.

1. Unkaned says:

Can’t you just leave these guys alone? How about waiting for a genuine problem or issue to arise before speculating about one.

2. rich says:

Bulls would be lucky if DRose can play 20 quality games in the regular season. He’s damaged. He’ll be lucky to come out of the FIBA Championship healthy.

3. thespectator says:

itll be another exit for drose and the bulls this coming postseason…i still dont have full faith in pau gasol…hes quite the old guy…at best he can give you two more solid seasons..the east is very competitive now…once klove joins the cavs, its a wrap! they will be going to the finals and bulls/pacers will once again figure out what more pieces they need to add during offseason. anyways should be fun watching some games tho.

• joe says:

Your wrong Kevin love got those kinda of numbers on the worst team and his numbers will take a big dip I believe the bulls have a deeper and team then them I think they have a great chance of coming out the east

• charless702 says:

Kevin Love’s team was better than almost all the teams in the East last year. T-Wolves would have been a 50 win team in the East. They 100%, for sure, would have gone to the E.C.F.

4. Tatanka says:

The Lakers will be like a lowly expansion team when Kobe retires, lol.

Enjoy Boozer in the 4th quarters Laker fans, lmao x 100000000

5. Sleepless Bull says:

like cheap a$$ reinsdorf said… stop the hype!! this article shouldnt even have been written!! Bulls are one of the top organisation in the league with top character guys! so stop throwing trash their way and enjoy “the way to the Ring” a story told by D.Rose and J.Noah!!
    #gobulls #seered

6. Penguin13 says:

Hearsay. This really making a story out of nothing.

7. Trucestiles says:

The Bulls organization seems confused as of late…

8. Kobe-Nash-Boozer-Young-Hill says:

Leave chicago and we will wholeheartedly welcome you to LA!!

• Rose's Agent says:

I guess the Lakers starting 5 don’t understand how NBA players contracts work.

• Dooby says:

Dude Drose will never leave chicago for LA
      Chitown for life :D

• thatLAlineupsux says:

Lakers will be dead in the West next year.

• charless702 says:

LMAO. Kobe-Nash-Boozer-Young-Hill. I’m still debating what’s worse, the 3 has beens or the 2 guys who have never been. It seems like Kobe and Nash both haven’t played in years. Boozer couldn’t even outplay Taj Gibson, which is pretty sad. Nick Young and Jordan Hill are both bench players. One last thing, the Clippers already have a really good PG so I’m not sure L.A. would want him. He definitely doesn’t wouldn’t want to go to the pathetic one of the two L.A. teams. The Lakers new motto should be “The Lakers, Where Old Stars Go To Be Forgotten.” I’m still debating if it should be “Go To Be Forgotten” or “Go To Die.” What do you think?