Andersen out for Game 4, Lewis to start

By John Schuhmann, NBA.com

VIDEO: GameTime: Rachel Nichols

MIAMI – The Miami Heat are down a man (or a bird) for Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals on Monday (8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN). Chris Andersen is on the inactive list with a left thigh contusion.

This is not a minor note. The Heat have been at their best in this series with Andersen on the floor. He’s a plus-28 (tied with Ray Allen for the series-high) in 70 minutes.

“This is a big-muscle series,” Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said before Game 3, “so we need what he brings to the table.”

In a related move, Rashard Lewis will get just his seventh start of the season in place of Udonis Haslem. That allows the Heat to use Haslem as the backup center behind Chris Bosh. But without Andersen, Miami loses its ability to play big much more than a few minutes, unless Spoelstra decides to dust off Greg Oden.

Bosh and Haslem are a minus-38 in just 34 minutes together in the series.

1. Solomon says:

Lebron should come to houston

2. Dagreat1 says:

Listen the problem is heat fans act as if they are the best of all time. There is nothing humble about that team or it’s players. Say what you want but it’s the fans I can’t stand. Y’all act like Lebron is the best ever but he’s not. Jordan will always be the greatest player of all time. Even Kobe is better than Lebron

• TMac says:

People have their opinions…..you and other people believe MJ is the greatest and Kobe is better than Lebron……other folks believe otherwise. It’s called having an opinion….is it a crime for people to have opinions that are different from yours? Is that why you are mad….because Heat/ Lebron fans don’t share your opinion??? Do I believe Lebron is the greatest player to ever play? No…I can’t compare him to anybody until Lebron stops playing basketball…but that doesn’t mean I’m going to get mad at people for saying he is because it’s THEIR opinion.

3. JR says:

WHY DO EVERYONE HATE LEBRON SOOOO MUCH ITS NOT HIS FAULT HE IS THE BEST MAN STEPPING ON THAT COURT SINCE MJ. DONT DISLIKE HIM THE REST OF YALL GET LIKE EM LMAO.

4. jay says:

im gonna miss birdman…get well soon mate…

5. Steph says:

@ Heat Fan, he did what I said he needed to do now let’s see if he can come close again or go back to low numbers.

6. This without question is the worst reffed game so far in the playoffs. Time to go to my DVR’d recording of Hannibal.

7. Jim Martin says:

Indiana ought to give it up – no team cohesiveness and they are afraid of Lebron – too quick to cry and complain – all without Birdman – I’m disappointed that all of a sudden they have no basketball wits nor effort

8. okc2014 says:

This is not bad news, I beg to differ. Even though I’m rooting for the Pacers (I hate the Heat!), it doesn’t matter who isn’t suiting up: as long as the 3 Musketeers are playing, the Heat are good to go. I’m disappointed and still think Lance Stephenson needs to zip it up. To be honest, the Heat have not been challenged so far in this playoffs season. What do you want? It’s the Leastern Conference! No fair!

9. j1 says:

Somebody tell Van Gundy to shut the hell up and just put on an Indiana jersey and be a fan, or go coach a team to the finals championship. We don’t need a commentary to down play our HEAT

10. Steph says:

Bosh needs to step up for a change,and some help from Chalmers would be nice.

11. Red says:

It is very very bad news.