Blazers get double dose of injury news

VIDEO: LaMarcus Aldridge suffers a back injury in last night’s loss to the Spurs

From NBA.com staff reports

The Portland Trail Blazers have been one of the clear surprises in the Western Conference standings this season, at times finding themselves in the upper crust of the league thanks to the play of All-Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge and a somewhat-improved bench that boasts sixth man Mo Williams. But the Blazers, who are working on a 2-5 record in March and have lost four straight, now will see their depth considerably sapped.

Aldridge, who suffered a back injury in last night’s loss to the San Antonio Spurs, will miss at least two games with a back contusion while Williams, who hurt his hip in Tuesday night’s loss to the Grizzlies, will be out two weeks with a right hip strain.

Aldridge’s injury was particularly frightening for Blazers fans. He had to be helped off the court and did not return. Williams missed last night’s game in San Antonio.

1. Sandra says:

I’m not sure where you’re getting your information, but good topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding
    more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this info for my mission.

2. Hi, I ddo believe your web site could be havijg web browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine however,
    if opening in Internet Explorer, it’s got some overlapping issues.

I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other than that, wonderful site!

3. Trayton The Messiah says:

Blazers can ball. But with their biggest closer (Lillard) never actually playing in the playoffs. Mo Williams as a vet needs to show him how to handle the intesentiy of the playoffs and L.A. Needs to shoulder the bulk of the load of offense. Matthews and Batune are gonna be vital to and it’s common knowledge that that two way SF batune is a lowkey star. Watch out for the French man !!

• Trayton The Messiah says:

I almost forgot C.J. Mcoullum ! He’s the rookie savor of their lack-luster bench. The kid can ball.

4. Not a goodtime …especially thru playoff seeding hunt..hope they get healthy enough for the playoffs..nagging injurys are the worst

5. me says:

the way they play , and there still 10 plus to go they might end up #9…………

6. Joshua Estis says:

Well I’m glad he isn’t out for the rest of the season.

7. Mark says:

ahmm yeah maybe 7th

8. Mark says:

They’ve just dropped to 6th in the West, in my opinion!

9. melz says:

let’s be real the blazers are playing great basketball but this was only because teams weren’t thinking about them notice since the all-star break they haven’t been winning as much… I’m not a hater I’m just a realist

10. dustydreamnz says:

I think they’ll still make it. Until now they’ve actually been lucky with a lack of injuries this season.

11. rich says:

I’d hate to be saying ‘I told you so’ when Blazers don’t make the playoffs. I said it from start, they’re an injury away from missing the playoffs as they only have 5 good players, no bench at all. We’ll see – 7th seed at best. Not a hater as I actually want them to advance at least to the conference championship.

12. Rhadarius Elliot Luster says:

trailblazers are going to the playoffs no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO BLAZERS