Rose ‘Unlikely’ To Play Against Raptors

VIDEO: Bulls-Raptors preview

HANG TIME SOUTHWEST – The bad news is Derrick Rose likely won’t play tonight when the Chicago Bulls begin their first back-to-back set against the Toronto Raptors. The good news is it has nothing to do with his surgically repaired, and long-rehabbed left knee.

The culprit is a minor hamstring flare-up suffered on Monday. Rose has not practiced since. Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau, speaking to reporters prior to the Bulls’ Friday morning shootaround in Toronto, said Rose is “unlikely” to play tonight. After missing all of last season to recover from a torn ACL, Rose is off to a bit of an uneven start to the season, averaging 14.7 ppg on 33.3 percent shooting and 4.5 apg as the Bulls have split their first six games.

“I’m not trying to miss any games because I’m just trying to get my rhythm back,” Rose told the Chicago Tribune. “Management and the training staff just tell me to take my time. This is my first hamstring injury. We’ve just got to be patient with it.”

Rose told reporters after Thursday’s practice that if the decision was up to him he would play Friday night. Thibodeau said the decision is a collaborative one that includes athletic trainer Fred Tedeschi. The Bulls face undefeated Central Division rival Indiana back at home on Saturday night.

Thibodeau rejected the notion that he would choose to rest Rose against the 4-5 Raptors because he prefers to have him ready to play the Pacers. Thibodeau suggested that if the medical staff gave a thumbs-up that Rose would be in the lineup.

“Every game is important,” Thibodeau told reporters Friday morning. “I think that’s misguided when you approach it that way.”

1. okc2014 says:

It’s very unfortunate, But I think eventually Rose will be back in the swing of things. Still very early in the season. Lets not panic just yet. And I’m not even a Bulls fan. Get well soon Rose, I love his commercial!!!

2. Efrain says:

The Bulls need to have caution. I don’t think the flow of the game is there. Rose is taking too much shots and that’s why he is missing. Some of them are wide open misses but others, my God, a vary difficult ones. We can’t win only hopping Rose droping shots. Our defense aren’t looking as solid as previous years and we’re so sloppy with about 20 turnovers a game. we need to take care of the ball. We need to make a better shot selection and keep puting pression on offense to go to the line more time. We have very nice shooters on the foul line in Deng, Rose, Buttler, Hinrik and Dunleavy; and pretty decent ones on Noah, Gibson,and Boozer.

Don’t settle for jump shots all the time. Flow with the game.

3. PURPLE AND GOLD says:

i think rose will be like tracy mcgrady. i feel bad for the guy cause he could have been a legend!!! at least the bulls will always have Jordan to brag about for ever and thats it!!!

4. Leo says:

I guess Bulls should be able to beat raptors without Rose anyhow

5. NOO says:

What a scrub!!!

6. kurt says:

yes rest

7. Raptors Fam says:

BREAK OUT THE SALAMI AND CHEESE MAMA THIS BALL GAME IS OVA!!! Chucckkk come back to T.O and commentate for the Raptors again! we miss you!!!

8. Jeffrey says:

damnit Rose Stay Healthy!!! We need you this season BAD!