Game 7: The Morning After

By NBA.com staff reports

A classic Finals ended with a classic Game 7. LeBron James cemented his place in NBA history scoring 37 points as the Heat captured a second-straight NBA title with a 95-88 Game 7 win over the Spurs. Here’s a quick recap of NBA.com’s complete Game 7 coverage.

Game Coverage

NBA Finals

Analysis

Heat Celebration

Video Highlights

Postgame Press Conferences

Photos

1. BAM says:

I love the heat and they did not buy anything. No one says kobe and Shaq brought their team, or that boston brought their Rings no. But because everyone hates on James they have to say bad things about him. Stop hating he is the NBA, if you dont like it watch baseball hater.

2. yaiam says:

wow you heat bandwagon fans never stop…. so what lebron bagged the crown he was supposed to in 4 games….. And he has to have a superstar team to do it……… If ray didnt hit that shot it would have been OVER!!!!! ( but of course JAMES GETS ALL CREDIT) …….You may call me a “hater” but I liked it back when superstars carried their teams through playoffs….Not someone who just jumped on some other guys bus when his team turned south…….. but congrats to the rest of the heat team, you did great and same to spurs……..

• JordanJames says:

It is earned, not given!!!

If LeBron did not hit a three before ray allens and did not score 16 points in the fourth… Ray Allen’s 3 pt shot would not have matter. What game were you watching my friend? At least give credit to the organization or Pat Riley for creating a team like the heat. They all sacrificed their salaries to have a champion team and they did it twice already. That’s why your team did not make it, you don’t have a Pat Riley to make thins happen.

Haters gonna hate forever!

3. JEFF says:

A HEAT FAN HERE. GREAT RESPECT BETWEEN THE TWO TEAMS EVEN UP TO THE END OF REGULATIONS. THIS IS SO FAR THE BEST NBA FINALS THAT I HAVE EVER WATCHED, ESPECIALLY GAME 6 AND 7. CONGRATS TO THE HEAT FOR BAGGING THE CROWN AND THE SPURS FOR BRINGING THE BEST OUT OF THE MIAMI. YOU ARE BOTH CHAMPIONS IN MY HEART AS A FAN! YOU PLAYED VERY HARD BUT NOT NECESSARILY PLAYING DIRTY THATS WHY THEIR IS AN UTMOST RESPECT BETWEEN THE TWO TEAMS. WHEW! THIS SERIES WILL IS THE BEST!

4. It was the best Finals I’ve ever seen! I may be a Spurs fan, but I give lots of credit to Pat Riley and the Heat. They bought the championship, though. The 7 games added so much drama and dissapointment and energy.

5. erik spoelstra gf is hot says:

i was only 3 y/o during the mj era.. i didnt witness it.. we are fortunate to witness the new dynasty of the nba..

6. Patty says:

My thoughts on the morning after:

I am proud of how the San Antonio Spurs conducted themselves. I am deeply sorry that the Spurs didnot win.

Why would the NBA want Lebron James to be the face of the NBA when you have an articulateTim Dunkin.

Lebron James should never, never be the face of the NBA.

7. cp10 says:

As far as I’m concerned, both teams are champions – great series and great coverage as usual guys!

8. chalice says:

Great Series! More than I could ever ask for. Much respect to the spurs, in fact, I plan to buy two spurs jerseys this summer. Parker is amazing and Duncan doesn’t age. The only guy I saw playing at such a high level for as long as Duncan is Robert Parish (I only saw Parish when he was close to 40 playing). Duncan can be proud but I know game 7 will haunt him until next year. I think the spurs will be more than competative next year. Also, Ginobili (hopefully) will have a chance to redeem himself next year in the playoffs if he’s back with the spurs.

9. slider821 says:

that was one of the most exciting series/games 6&7 I’ve ever seen, couldn’t have asked for better games than we saw this playoffs.