Sometimes a replica jersey and a flat-screen HDTV tuned to League Pass doesn’t quite scratch the itch – or fill up the available space on the mantel or wall – of a heavily NBA-themed “man cave.”
Here is a chance to dial up the street cred with some serious, museum-quality NBA history.
Basketball Hall of Famers Oscar Robertson, David Thompson and Sam Jones all have major mementoes of their marvelous careers on the block at SCP Auctions for an online offering that begins Nov. 14. Among the highlights from the Robertson, Thompson and Jones collection:
- A 1960 Olympic game-worn jersey from Robertson’s USA gold-medal winning team.
- Robertson’s 1963-64 NBA MVP trophy.
- Robertson’s “50 Greatest Players” ring, presented as part of the 1997 All-Star celebration.
- Thompson’s 1974 NCAA championship ring from North Carolina State’s victory over Marquette.
- A Crest High (Shelby, NC) jersey, worn in a game by Thompson.
- A 1976 game-used ABA All-Star ball signed by Thompson and other ABA stars.
- Jones’ 1983 Hall of Fame induction ring, as well as his “50 Greatest” ring.
- Jones’ 1959 and 1969 NBA championship rings, won during his 10-title career with the Boston Celtics.
- A 1966 Celtics championship wristwatch.
All items are from the players’ personal collections and are accompanied by signed letters of authenticity. Bidding (with minimum prices reflecting the exclusivity) opens to registered bidders on Nov. 14 and concludes Dec. 1. The auction will be conducted at SCPAuctions.com and also feature items from famed boxing trainer Angelo Dundee’s estate and MLB Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith. The NBA players’ collectibles can be previewed here.