Rose, Lin Rank 1-2 In Jersey Sales

HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS – Someone foolishly suggested to us yesterday that Linsanity was a figment of our imaginations … a blip on the NBA radar and nothing more.

We obviously disagreed and reminded this naysayer that the proof is in the … jersey sales?

That’s right, the NBA’s annual list of the top-selling jerseys saw Jeremy Lin outsell the likes of Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and even Knicks teammates Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire. Lin ranked No. 2 on the list behind reigning KIA NBA MVP Derrick Rose, whose Bulls claimed the top spot in merchandise sales to end the Los Angeles Lakers’ four-year run in that category. The Knicks came in No. 2 there as well.

Rose’s rise from No. 5 last year to the spot can’t touch Lin’s rise from oblivion to the No. 2. The jersey sales and merchandise figures are based on sales at the temporary NBA Store on Fifth Avenue and on NBAStore.com from April 2011 to present.

Click here for the full list of the top jersey sellers and merchandise sellers in the NBA this season.

1. Knicksfan says:

I didn’t know that lin’s jersey was sold so good although I’m definitely his fan. Now I decided to but his t shirt and jerseys for my family members in case he is not coming back to NBA due to injury so I will have some souvenirs to remember this part of history.

2. NBAfan says:

I heard Lin will change his jersey number to 23 to give MJ the honor of having the same number as him.

Just kidding…I wonder if #17 will become a popular number.

3. Coach Dee says:

NBA based it on number of jerseys sold not NET SALES.

Jeremy Lin’s jersey got up to 90% discounted price after knowing his season ended with the knee injury.

4. Karlo Garcia says:

Imagine Lin’s jersey sale for next season. B crazy for next season.

5. SHAQ says:

the mitchell@ness jordan allstar jersey from like 96 i believe on nba store is sick, the orlando shaq black jersey on nba store is hard, the jerry west laker blue or white jersey is hurtin they feelings on nba store, Mavs Dirk champion finals jersey with the trophy on it is the hardest one the streets. The white Blake Griffin Clipper Jersey is the hardest in the league right now, I hope you got the hat to match with your name stiched in the back, and if your wearin someones jerseys get the players shoes to match, step ur game.

6. newyorksteelo says:

I have my Jeremy Lin Jersey for sure. Any news on when he might return or if he will be ready for playoffs?