MIAMI – Sights and sounds from AmericanAirlines Arena in the hours leading up to Game 6 of the 2011 NBA Finals between the Miami Heat and the Dallas Mavericks…
- It was unseen, but the Larry O’Brien trophy is in the building, secured in storage. There’s also a room set up to take post-game photos with the trophy if the Mavs win.
- Marc Anthony rehearsing the national anthem.
- A group of NBA officials at midcourt going over the plan for the trophy presentation, but not actually going through the trophy presentation.
- No t-shirts on the seats, but the same white seat covers as usual. And fans were handed white “Let’s go Heat” signs.
- Rodrigue Beaubois and Ian Mahinmi getting some extra shooting in, but leaving the court once Jason Kidd emerges from the Mavs’ locker room. “When J-Kidd steps on the floor, we shut it down,” Mahinmi tells Brian Cardinal.
- Several Mavs fans dress in blue among the first spectators in the building and finding seats near the Dallas bench. One group has a large Puerto Rican flag, and J.J. Barea is quick to acknowledge them as he goes through his shooting routine.