Barbershops And Basketball

HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS – The Jump crew took the show on the road to yap about all things NBA and we wound up at Goodfellas in nearby Smyrna, GA — just a short ride from the hideout here.

And if you think we talk a lot of smack around here, wait until you see these cats from Goodfellas get going (with Dennis Scott, Brent Barry and yours truly along for the ride):

1. ZULU says:

Hey, this is a great program. NBATV has hit on something . Fresh voices even though the comments are not as polished as the experts (3D, Sekou and Bones). Letting the patrons of a barbershop have their say is great. I can’t recall all of the great opinions I heard, that never left the shop, over the years. Now if only the input is continued…….

2. Morten says:

The longest loosingstreak the bulls have this year is..? Two

3. SpursFan says:

Come on if we’re talking about how ‘valuable’ a player is to his team then it’s gotta be Dirk, as much as I hate the guy he carries this team and without him they wouldn’t be in the playoffs.
    A thing to acknowledge about Rose is he’s having a great season but you gotta look at the division he’s playing in. No other team in his division has a winning record, so that’s 16 games against sub 500 teams just from his division. But to be honest he’s had a great year so it is kinda fair that he gets some reward.

• Gary says:

I agree. Guys like Dirk and even Nash get no credit because they aren’t flying through the air. It’s harder to actually SHOOT the ball at a high percentage to carry your team.

4. Jeff Johnson says:

Sekou…Dennis…Brent ~

The segment, “Barbershops & Basketball,” was HOT! Anybody who knows anything about “putting or getting the word out on the street” does so thru your local barbershops or beauty salons…especially in urban communities. The three of you guys make a pretty good team! My only suggestion would be for your network to expand this project to do the same type of show/segment in barbershops and beauty salons in five or ten major basketball cities (like Los Angeles, New York, Boston, Miami, Orlando, etc). Keep up the good work!

• Gary says:

Tue but most those guys don’t know what the hell they’re talking about. They just like to talk trash and off course go with the hot player. I’ve been to barber shops in LA and it’s like listening to 14year olds debate ball.

5. Gary says:

How can Kobe Bryant be considered the best player in the game today when he doesn’t lead the league in anything besides rings? Kobe was the best scorer at one time but that’s the past. He’ll go down a legend and rightfully sol but if we’re talking about RIGHT NOW there’s no way he’s the best. We’d be debating his MVP candidacy If he was.

• prix says:

Before Kobe play like Kobe…now Kobe becomes an MJ wanna be…thats why people call them fakers…same with Artest color his hair, a Rodman wanna be…Odom try to set some plays like Pippen used to do,and Gasol is simply…SOFT!!!

• Law064 says:

@Prix man your a Laker hater. I’m not even a LA fan but dude you must really envy the Lakers. What have they done to you personally? Was that your sister Kobe banged in Colorado? Go Bulls Go Celtic’s

• prix says:

I don’t hate the Lakers…I just don’t like the CHEATERS like them…it is a disgrace to the sports I really reaspect and love! just play ball…

• Helias says:

Prix bro,I agree with Law…You probably hate the Lakers. Gasol is SOFT??Come one,get serious…He is a really good down low,and he has the stats to prove it.
        Anyway,could you tell me why the Lakers are a cheating team??How did you come up with this…Explain…
        Peace.