What Should LeBron Do?

HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS — The only reason we asked the question is because LeBron James asks the question repeatedly in his new Nike commercial:

If nothing else, we’re glad he hasn’t lost his sense of humor through all of the tumult of the past three months.

We’re still not sure if that will help him sell any shoes or do anything for his Q Score. But with quality commercials starring superstars far and few between these days, we’ll take this one.

1. DBowe says:

Reeeeaaaaly loved the commercial, but even as a Heat fan I have to admit that Lebron needs some humbling. The reason I think the Big three in Boston was so successful is because they squashed any chance of feud from the beginning when KG and Allen acknowledged that it was Paul Pierce’s team. I just watched an interview where Lebron was asked about his thoughts on Udonis and D Wyade being team captains. This was the perfect opportunity for him to say these guys have put in the work here, and actually won a ring here so they deserve it, instead he basically said it was because of longevity. Sorry but I still don’t like the King, even if he does play on our team now.

2. ddddd says:

Do what you want… you will get criticized anyway… Please just have some class at it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lebron had no class. what he does from here on out will determine his legacy…. The talent is there for him… The attitude needs humbling and the chemistry for his team(s) needs to work. Key word… class… regain it! I haven’t seen any class from him since he was wearing his nba diapers and toddler pants.

3. Lakers 3peat says:

Did he really get his “chosen 1” tat taken off?

4. MIGHTY HEAT says:

@Low06, LEBRON GOT PAID MILLIONS TO MAKE FUN OF CHARLES BARKLEY, AND I MIGHT HAVE TAKEN TYLENOL BUT YOU DONT SOUND SOBER EITHER BUT DEFINATELY BROKE…..
    GO HEAT, GO BRON, 2010-11 IS THE STATMENT YEAR…
    BOSTON JUST GOT OLD, EVEN IF THEY WIN THIS GAME, DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING BEING THE EAST CHAMPS.

REMEMBER HEAT WILL NEED TIME TO GELL IN TOGETHER, BUT WATCH OUT ONCE THEY DO THAT YOU SHOULD PLAY HIDE AND SEEK.

5. Scott says:

I hated how LeBron left Cleveland and how everything went down. In a sense the commercial makes you feel bad and its almost as if he regrets or is apologizing. And yes it might have been scripted but LeBron overall had to approve everything, even the final cut. Still hope the Celtics win the east, but we’ll see.

6. GOCAVVVVVS!! says:

LeBron is a great athlete and has done alot for his charities. It’s not THAT he left Cleveland, it’s HOW he left!! His former teammates had to learn at the same time the rest of the world did. I don’t blame him for leaving. Hey at least he was honest and said he wants a championship. The one thing I find interesting is that he said he JUST made his decision earlier that day but Bosh said they had been talking about it for months. HMMM? Did he quit during the playoffs? I have a hard time believing anyone with his talent would quit, but then again you knew when he was walking out of the arena and ripped off his jersey that he probably wouldn’t be coming back. Good luck to him. Hope he gets a ring. Who wants to be one of the best players to never win a championship? As for me, I’ll follow my Cavs win or lose! You see that is what loyalty and respect is. Maybe that’s what he should have done. He should have been loyal and respectful to his teammates and let them know. He should have told the owner “I made you a ton of money” but I want to play with D. Wade BEFORE the Decision.

7. Emperor James says:

Kudos to the writers of the very partisanly interested for economic reasons Nike. No kudos to LeBron James just because he can read a prepared script.

What he should do is to just shut up, and play basketball. He should leave all the self-serving talk about “legacy” until such time as he actually has one!

He can not rewrite the correct take that most people have about his narcissistic character. The only thing that he can do is forget about all of these economically motivated attempts to rehabilitate himself, and to play basketball. The future for him will take care of itself. If he can win something finally, that might justify even in minimal part his arrogance, then that will be something that might keep him warm at night in the future, most of the rest of us will simply view him in that event as another basketball player that won a championship on a team that was so full of talent that it would have been almost impossible to not win.

One upshot, for Nike, is that I will never again buy a pair of shoes from them.

• Law064 says:

What a dork you are Emperor James. Nike has the best shoe’s on the market. I agree that Lebron needs to shut up and play ball. That commercial was great though. I don’t like Lebron not just cause of the decision but because he never proved he’s a true leader/clutch performer. He will not win a ring this year and I doubt if they win next year . Bottom line Miami needs a bench and a big man as well they have a long road ahead of them. Boston will take the east and finish what they started. I don’t know why this commercial upset people even Charles Barkley he just said what should I do Chuck lol that was funny. The Ad is great and big up’s to Nike for making that.

8. MIGHTY HEAT says:

WHAT DID BARKLEY ACHIEVED DURING HIS TIME IN NBA,,,,,,,,, ZERO…. NORTHING BUT ALCOHOLIC, GAMBLER, OVERWEIGHT TV ANALYST WHO WILL END UP BROKE JUST LIKE ANTOINE WALKER, AND GUESS WHAT WHO MAKE THE DIFFERENT IN THAT SHOW IS KENNY AND EARNIE AND NOT DUMB ASS CHARLES BARKLEY….

COMMERCIAL WAS GREAT, THANKS TO NIKE, AND LEBRON HAS TUMBLED BUT NO ONE CAN MAKE THIS KID FALL, HE WILL NEVER BE AFFECTED WITH ANY NEGATIVE STUFF AT ALL BUT HE SHALL RISE TO THE TOP WHERE HE BELONGS……. THE BOY IS IN A MISSION AND HE WILL PROVE IT THIS YEAR ALONE…. NOW…. NOW
    BRON WILL KICK BOSTON ASS AND EVERYONE IN THE EAST AND LATER HE SHALL HUMILIATE KOBI BIG TIME IN THE FINALS.IF U HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT WHAT DAMAGED BRON HAS DONE FOR THE LAST 2 MVP SEASON, THEN BE MY GUEST AND CHECK HIS HIGHLIGHTS ON U TUBE.

• Law064 says:

@Mightyheat your dreaming, are you on crack Meth or Perscription drugs the heat will be good but they won’t be in the finals anytime soon dip shyt. Boston will crush these overrated Miami clowns. The commercial is AWESOME though. I like it What should I do lol Chuck wow what a great commercial.

9. lbjfan53 says:

LEBRON, THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING BOUT. LOL. THE BEST COMMERCIAL I EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE! IT’S BETTER THAN THE SUPER BOWL COMMERCIALS. CHARLES BARKLEY WHAT YOU GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT? DO YOU THINK IT’S PATHETIC OR IMMATURE? LOL. C’MAN. YOU CAN’T COMEBACK ON THAT. LEBRON MADE FUN OF YOU ON NATIONALTELEVISION! CAN’T WAIT TO THE NBA SEASON. LET’S GO HEAT!

10. Andrew says:

Great commercial whether you like LeBron or not. Although I’m glad I’m not from Cleveland.

11. abey34 says:

One of the best advertisements Lebron has done. Props to him

12. Mr. Potato Head says:

Let’s move on. One thing I would like to see is for Lebron to announce that when he is inducted into the Hall of Fame, that he will go in as a Cleveland Cav. I’m not a Cavs fan, but it would be a nice gesture given “the decision”.