The Shrek And Donkey Show!

***

Posted by Sekou Smith

BOSTON – If this basketball thing doesn’t work out for Celtics reserves Glen “Big Baby” Davis and Nate Robinson, they can always take their stage act on the road.

Hopefully, you caught it after the Celtics’ season-saving Game 4 win in these NBA Finals.

If not, grab something to eat for lunch, put your ear phones at the office and sit back and enjoy (just click on the video below).

And kudos to Doc Rivers, who continues to show the kind of feel for his team and his players and what they are capable of that only the all-time greats have.

He stuck with his bench down the stretch to make the Shrek and Donkey Show (go ahead, watch it again) possible!

***

1. tina turner is a living legend, she always makes great and powerful music”-`

2. grammarPlease says:

IF YOU’RE GOING TO POST HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE INTERNET, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR GRAMMAR IS CORRECT!!!

IT’S VERY FRUSTRATING TO SEE ARROGANT PEOPLE WRITE HERE AS IF THEY’RE THE BEST BASKETBALL CRITIC WHILE WRITING WITH A GRAMMAR THAT’S ACCEPTABLE ONLY TO A KINDERGARTEN RUSSIAN KID!!

STUDY ENGLISH GUYS.

IT’S AN ABSOLUTE HEADACHE SIMPLY TRYING TO SIFT THROUGH YOUR WORDS.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

3. Luke Turner says:

Tina Turner offers a great vocal range and such powerful voice;':

4. jjt418 says:

I think that if you think this is a awful series, you dont know your basketball! The best of the best, there should not be any blow out games. There should be the bench versus the bench matchups. I am a die hard Lakers fan. But I am also a fan of basketball, so I obviously like other players and KG amd Perkins are two of them. They play with heart, and as we all have seen so does Big Baby. So this series is what it is all about, back in forth, good tough games, a different factor each night. I do think that LA has a better team, and I of course hope they win, but when it comes down to it the team that wants it more will win……and as a true fan, I hope this series goes 7 games!

5. scott hogan says:

No doubt if Bynum were healthy the lakers would win this thing hands down. Big baby going against Odem and Gasol is one thing, Add another 7 footer and now its 3 seven footers gaurding the glass against Davis!! No way in hell he scores 18. That being said…………so what. Consider this revenge for beating the Celtics in 87 when Mchale was playing on a broken foot………..A BROKEN FOOT!!! Bird had his heel problems and Parish………..I forget what was wrong with Parish but that team had the best record in the league and was poised for a repeat until all that crap happened and I always point it out and guess what????? No one wants to hear it!! The Lakers won. Boston then and now has more heart than the Lakers have and its just justice that the Fakers are getting what they deserved. Boston in 6!!!

6. I agree with the ones who said the dude writing in all caps is crazy. This series could be one of the greatest series of all time. The passion, heart, and determanation is there are both teams thats why this will be a seven game series. The games go through the wire every time they play each other. The only diffrence is that boston bench is out playin La bench both teams have improved by La adding Ron Artest and for the celtics Rondo isn’t the same pg as 08 he is the 10 rondo and he is way better and runs the offense better. And besides boston deserves it they beat the best team in the NBA the cavs if wasn’t for Lebron cast they would be in the finals hands down. The rematch with orlando would have prepared them for the celtics instead the win over the cavs made boston realize they are the best team in the NBA.

7. Outsider says:

There’s a reason why Davis & Robinson are bench warmers, because their talents are not as consistent as the starters. Sure they released great energy in 4th quarter, but why won’t they considering they’ve been sitting in sidelines, waiting for long time to burn their calories! Bynum’s absence gave the bench such luck, because Lakers have to cave in their lanes (to defend bulky undercutters eg Davis, and once they’re out of position), the center lane is open to energetic guards eg. Nate. But do you think Phil Jackson will allow this to happen again in Game 5? If Celtics bench proves to be better solution, then it shows how “old & rusty” the Big Three/Four are…

8. nevergiveup34 says:

lol im with sheeeeeed on that what a moron fakers are better than the celtics lol all the messed up calls the celtics get man if anything we was rob game 3 and thats the truth speaking of the truth he will show up game 5 and one more thing mr fakerfanallday you say the celtics is ugly lol what about that ugly thing you guys call gasol opps i ment gasuck hes always crying to the res just like kobe

9. Sheeeeeeeeed says:

If both teams were healthy? This isn’t the IF Finals. Its the NBA Finals. LA has one injured star, versus an older Boston squad who is battling injuries (Sheed, Davis, and KG). Lakers fans are such sore losers. They have a very talented team and this is a great matchup. Don’t even talk about intentional injuries (by the way, no one is buying the “i heard” routine. It just makes you sound like an idiot) because no one plays more for the refs than Gasol. The caps lock key is above your shift key, the light’s on and you’re going to want to press that button so the light goes off. I don’t know if you noticed, but you’re writing in all caps and it makes everyone who reads your post think that you’re yelling your conspiracy theories. Yelling and conspiracy theories are never a good combination. People might think you’re crazy.

• Chilax says:

Go Sheeeeeeeeeed!!! I like your comment. It made me really laugh and you indeed have a good point! I think Lakers ALL DAY is the one without class by the way he typed.

• Chilax says:

To Lakers ALL DAY fan, i want to emphasize my point.

Know your nba history before chuckling out loud like a chicken you, Lakers ALL DAY fan – you are the one without class.

10. Sunsfan420 says:

Being an outsider on this series and watching every game, to me, this game and clip shows that the Celtics have heart. True, Kobe has gotten way better at leading his time by virtue of the fact he’s been in the league for 10+ years now, but when I listen to Kobe talking to his teammates, he just sounds like a fierce, driven, competitive prick. He wants to win so he can fulfill his quest of beating jordan ring-wise. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t, but Kobe has shown he can’t do it alone this series against the Boston defense. If the Lakers win the next one, I might think differently, but the Lakers certainly aren’t doing what they normally do.

11. Lakers ALL DAY says:

ALL YOU BANDWAGON BOSTON FANS ARE LUCKY YOUR CLASSLESS TEAM IS EVEN IN THIS. IF BOTH SQUADS WERE COMPLETELY HEALTHY, LAKERS WOULD HAVE RAN AWAY WITH THIS THING. THEY HAVE PLAYED BETTER THAN THE CELTICS THIS WHOLE SERIES MORE THAN CELTICS HAVE PLAYED BETTER THAN THE LAKERS, AND THAT’S A FACT. BYNUM IS AS VALUABLE TO US AS KG IS TO YOU, AND HE IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING HEALTHY ENOUGH TO CONSISTENTLY PRODUCE. WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY??? BYNUM WENT DOWN AFTER HALF TIME AND CELTICS EXPOSED HIS ABSENCE TO THE FULLEST. LAKERS WERE UP THE WHOLE GAME UNTIL THE 4TH…HMMMMM WONDER WHO PLAYED BETTER??? IF BYNUM WERE IN, WE’D BE LOOKING AT 3-1 BECAUSE BIG BOY WOULD NOT HAVE HAD ALL THOSE EASY BUCKETS. LET’S BE REAL HERE, THIS ISN’T DREAMLAND. ALSO, I HEAR THAT FAT BOY INTENTIONALLY BUMPED BYNUM’S KNEE…IS THAT HOW YOU’RE GOING TO WIN THIS THING??? BEING CHEAP!?!? HOW IS THAT EVEN REWARDING?? YOU BANDWAGON FANS ARE ALMOST AS PATHETIC AS YOUR UGLY TEAM. Lakers have outplayed the Celtics and have had the lead the majority of this series, so if Celtics win, it is because Bynum isn’t healthy and your CLASSLESS squad of UNEDUCATED NEANDERTHALS TOOK FULL ADVANTAGE OF IT.

• Shrek says:

Kobe, chillax man. One guy can’t beat a team.

• McKelly says:

Lakers, in ’87 Parish and McHale were cripples by the time they got to the Finals, go cry somewhere else. No Bynum=No Ring, a sad truth for you, deal with it.

• Celtics-Lakers says:

haha wow your an idiot. Shut the hell up just cause the celtics bench tore up the pussies on the lakers all the LA fans start blaming them for bynum getting injured, thats bs! Tony Allen played great D on Kobe and your team has no other major contributors other than Pau. The Celtics have far more heart than the Lakers and thats why they deserve this series.

• Chilax says:

See the comment of Sheeeeeed below. I think you are the one without class. Also, do you know that Kobe did not go to college because he is dying to play in NBA? So who is uneducated now? What kind of class are you speaking for your team? Do you know that Phil Jackson wrote a book before stating how Kobe is very unprofessional and hard to coach? Know your nba history before chuckling out loud like a chicken.

12. dhreamchylde says:

Actually, Nate on Baby’s back reminded more of the character Master Blaster from Mel Gibson’s Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome…

(Nate as the short old guy on Blasters Back talking to Doc Rivers as Tina Turner) “Who Run Celtic Town?” (Doc) “MasterBlaster Run Celtic Town…” (Nate) Say Again… “MasterBlaster Run Celtic Town” (Nate) Say Louder…

LOL!!!

13. kensshin0789 says:

Let me tell you something if you put the whole bench of the boston and ranjo rondo the celtics will win anytime.I’m sorry to say this to the lakers fans, to the boston fans,for nba analyst and Sekou.This series has become the worst series I have ever seen until now.I want you every fans to see a final 7 games of all the series in the nba history.This final is going for seven games.Who gonna win?I don’t know.Let me tell you more just watch finals between Detroit and San Antoinio.David Stern should let other team to increase their salary cap because Lakers and Boston pay more than any team.I only watched game 1.After that I knew this series was gonna be the worst.After game 4 the forum are really empty.I only watched game 2-4 highlight.Those highlight suck the only highlight that impressed me was fisher vs three guys that is all.The forum in other website were mega super full before the series started.I feel like some people are feeling like me trying to say “Damn, this series really suck”.Boston and Lakers 2008 have more heart than this 2010.Only fans talk here take this series as “good” .And that’s real sad.I hope fans can enjoy this series because I can bet 20 bucks that Nba analyst are no enjoying this thing.NBA has no talent anymore and the little talent is wasted by selfishness and greed.

• SM says:

Dude how can you say its the worst series you have ever seen and then in the next breath say you only watched game 1 and highlights from the rest. Are you serious? Any real sports fan knows that you can not get a feel for what really happened in a game by just watching highlights. You may want to invest in an English 101 class because its very difficult to even read what you wrote and make sense of it.

• kensshin0789 says:

I’m sorry, I didn’t know this forum have a grammar police.Can you show me your badge,lakers or boston fan?First of all english is my fourth language.Second of all Spanish, Portuguese and Italian are my other language.Maybe I should use my other language so you can correct me if I’m wrong.Would you like that?Let me say what I wanted to say in a easy form.This lakers and boston series suck by the lack effort and heart of both teams.If this series goes to seven games it will be a joke.Maybe I watch game 2 if there weren’t 70 free throw attempt.

• Jake says:

Lack of effort and heart!!!!!! Did you see BIG Babay!!! This Finals has been phenomenal, with great effort and heart shown by the Celtics and Kobe and Bynum (don’t know about the rest of the fake-show). If you think this Finals is the worst you’ve seen then you need to get checked by Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, and American doctors.

14. Tommy says:

These guys are great. They have a lot of energy and really show what a team is all about. They absolutely destroyed the Lakers starting lineup in the 4th!

15. The Shrek and Donkey Show is already a classic bit. I can watch the clip of this tandem all day. You can’t create entertainment of this quality.